I need to drill into gmail help to find a thread about the issue, which is partialy solved.
At the end I propose the following process to suppress the return in the field "notes" that creates the mess:
You need a gmail account, word, excel.
- Export you gmail contacts in export for other app mode (contact.csv)
- open contact.csv with word
- suppress the automatic correction option during the key in of quotes. You should have alway " but no <<>>. That may occur in French word for example.
- put in macro of word this macro (for word 2007 to be changed if necessary) which basically suppress the return everywhere it is not needed, suppress the tabulation which creates also some mess and get you a clean file
- copy paste this file into excel
- into excel convert the data : delimited / comma separator
- You should get your data cleaned.
Put a comment if you need more explanation.